Saturday, January 2, 2010

January 2, 2010 ... started off first with coffee and then a 12.6 km run

Oh my ... had a difficult time getting myself out of bed this morning. The alarm went off at 6:20, but, the snooze button was pushed several times. I have a nice down duvet with a white duvet cover on my bed and lots of white pillows ... very warm and comfy, especially when it is still dark outside. I eventually got up, put on the tree lights, the fireplace and poured a coffee. 'Running' late, by the time I got out the door I had to drive to the end of the block to meet my run buddies, Stephanie and Penny.


We headed out on our run, shortly after 8 a.m. and returned somewhere around 9:45. I tried to copy and paste the route, but, haven't figured out how to do that yet and so if you click (or perhaps cut/paste)on this link, I think it will take you to the route that we ran: http://www.runningahead.com/maps/6a15b6d59a164563aa7e57288252ca20


It ended up being a great run, however, in the beginning I was not impressed with how my stomach was feeling. It was a good reminder of my New Year's Resolution to get back to the 'straight and narrow' with respect to my foods. I figure if I made the resolution before midnight and had stopped eating junk food by then that it would still count as a resolution that began on January 1st! LOL


Anyway here goes ... back to no flour and no sugar! There, I put it out there and so let's hope that it helps with the resolve. I have given way too many brain cells over, in my lifetime, to stressing about food cravings and weight issues. Truly 'need' to be done with all that. God doesn't want me living that way and neither do I. So together this thing will once again be turned around! Here's to 2010and a year filled with wonderful holistic health!


Post Script: Martin completed his second training walk this afternoon, with Tobias and Austin when they walked downtown to Chuffin Cafe to meet Joel after he was finished work.

No comments:

Post a Comment