Wednesday, April 14, 2010

New Backpack and New Trail Runners



Well, it has taken me five months to finally put my pack on ... these things take time don't you know. :) First of all I needed to get the last half-marathon out of the way and then I was certain that I would get serious about my training. So hard to believe that 3 1/2 weeks have passed since the half! Oh my, where does time go?! So, with less than 3 weeks to go, it was necessary tonight to try out this integral part of my equipment, a Gregory Jade 60 pack; a piece that will hopefully become like a second-skin. It felt good! Mind you I didn't put anything but a water bottle in it, no sense in rushing it too much.

As for my new trail shoes ... didn't have them quite so long; as this is the third pair of shoes purchased. I began with Merrell's and then la Sportiva's, fortunately I hadn't stepped outside in either pair; as neither shoe had the necessary instep support for my over-pronation issue. You would think that as a runner I would have had this well under control! However, I am so used to my good 'ol Brooks Adrenalines that I had no idea what to get in the way of anything else. So, I have settled on Salomon Wings XT 2's in baby blue ... (ugggg, not by choice, this was the only colour available) ... and to think that I almost got them filthy on their trial trail run tonight. So, just in case any area runners read this, Springwood is really boggy in patches right now. On a good note, I did find out that walking poles will come in real handy when traversing logs!

Martin is thrilled with his new boots and gleefully reports this to me! He is also very happy with his new Gregory pack (in navy). He has donned these items many times now going back and forth to the office, home and the church. Our little hike only ended up being 1 1/2 hrs long tonight, but, we are planning for four hours tomorrow. Then, I hope to do a run with my buddies tomorrow night (sure have missed them since the half). I will keep you posted. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment