Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Another mountain to climb!

Well, I somehow just lost the entire post that I just had prepared and so here goes for a little version!



We went through the city of Ponferada today, quickly! Enjoyed a coffee and breakfast across from a REAL knight´s templar castle from the 12th Century. Isn´t that incredible.





Son-in-law Kyle, this one is for you!

We just had a lovely dinner at the albergue where we will be soon sleeping. Martin has just reminded me that it is after 9 p.m. and 5 a.m. comes early! We have another mountain to climb tomorrow and it will be a 30+ km day again, that makes 3 in a row and so we will be somewhat tired by the time we are finished at the end of the day tomorrow.











When my spirit is tired, God visits me through the incredible beauty of nature.

We will be leaving from the village of Villafranca. The scenery in these parts is again beautiful with fields and fields of vineyards.



We are now heading into the province of Galicia and it is likely going to be unsettled weather (has a coastal type of weather pattern). It has some celtic history and we have already heard our first bagpipes!

Love to all!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Carolyn,

    I am so sad that you lost a post. I know how tired you must be and to know that you are persevering to write the posts on top of it all makes them all that much more meaningful. And, it is a real treat to those of us who are reading them. Thank you for the effort and going back and writing this shorter version for those of us who keep checking to see the latest "news".

    It is 10:10 PM here and I just got in from my garden. I need a relaxing and hot bath 'cause I have to drive Mark home at midnight and then back to town so I can have the morning to do things.

    Mostly, I sit in the tub and ache, in the morning but I like being at home to do it:)

    Gardening is so hard on me but the rewards are incredible and my yard is beginning to look sooo beautiful.

    Some people never "see" what is right in front of them but I have always had an "eye" for the "daily view" even if it is a dark grey sky with various shades of grey in front of it. Nature has a way to make life so much more livable.

    I always spend way more money than I can afford on my garden so the rest of June will be tight but the cucumbers are already up and I put in over 25 tomato plants that my friend, Pam planted from seed.

    Mom has a saying, that she picked up from Jim Reid, an old man in Louis Creek, "You can't live on scenery!" Well, I beg to differ. In my case, I can't live without it--and it doesn't have to be spectacular scenery either. Just a knot in an old tree will do:)

    Anyway, I am certain, in the long run of your lives, having spent such an intense/lengthy time walking through the mountain/countryside of France/Spain, you will never view obstacles the same again. Things will not seem as as overwhelming after this experience.

    I am glad that you are able to see important historic/iconic places. Having had that experience will also change the way you view everything else. Nothing in Canada is that old! We are such a young and dynamic country.

    I must go, I hope the mountain trek was not too steep and the weather holds out while you are walking. We had thunder showers here today and it was a day I had errands to do but I missed all of the downpours! I was in the bank or at the chiropractor's or in a building whenever the heavens opened up. Just lucky.

    Gary came to visit me yesterday and we went for a drive around to the Harley dealerships. He is doing great and looking so fit and healthy. Had his physicals done because he is working on getting his truck driver's license (he will be paid more at work when he completes the tests--he already runs all sorts of excavators and equipment and drives the trucks but doesn't have a license). He is in top shape from all that construction work and he has been supported and has applied for a Passport. He is very proud of his accomplishments since 2002. I am too. He has done extremely well. I am also happy that he wants to share all the good news with me:)

    Good wishes to both of you. Have fun and continue to enjoy the events some pain and set backs.

    Love, Matuga

    ReplyDelete