Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Portugal, Spanish Riviera ... Gibralter ... Morocco

Our trip through Portual went well. We spent one night in Lisbon and went out to late night street festival, complete with parade. It was great! Then we went to our first mall in over a month, at about 11 pm in Lisbon. Really cool and yet kinda weird ... everything alive and vibrant at that time of night (including all stores in the mall and foodcourt). However, the next day being Sunday, everything would be closed.

OUR NICE - LIKE NEW RENTAL CAR!


A FABULOUS PARADE IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT IN LISBON!

COUNTRYSIDE IN PORTUGAL


GIGANTIC STATUE IN FRONT OF OUR HOTEL


ENROUTE TO SPANISH RIVIERA, FROM LISBON PORTUGAL, WE DROVE THROUGH BEAUTIFUL DOWNTOWN SEVILLE, SPAIN

We arrived at the resort, on the Riviera on Sunday evening. It is lovely, albeit far too noisy for my liking right now. I guess I am needing some solitude as opposed to partying ... oh well ... certainly could be worse things to complain about!!!


OUR RESORT FOR A FEW DAYS OF RELAXATION!




We hope to find a street market before leaving this area and picking up a couple things from Spain before leaving for home. In a couple minutes we will drive to ´the rock of Gibralter´ and tomorrow, or possibly the day after we hope to go to Morocco. Can you believe it! Still hard to believe that we are in this part of the world!!!


The weather is perfect right now. A real treat! Hope all is well, will write more later on. Blessings!


Carolyn and Martin

2 comments:

  1. Hey--I read your post this afternoon and immediately called Mom and read it to her. She was so pleased to hear that you are having a good time and is amazed that you wrote this today and it was in Canada in seconds!

    She was telling me that the letter with the black edging that came to Grandma Blomme informing her of her father's death, took months.

    Some difference, eh?

    Well, I guess since you aren't going to get me the tall, red Spanish boots, I will have to go to Spain one day to get them myself. I bought red shoe dye for my very tall, vintage cowboy boots.

    I "special ordered" hot pink a few years ago and was able to colour a purse and boots and have been going to get the red since about 2005, but something always came up and I didn't get it. That is when I started taking the original beige colour off of the boots with Acetone.

    The stitching on the tops looks like interlocking hearts so when I bought them I visualized them only in red!

    Even if I don't wear them very often I can hardly wait to see them completed and when they are finished I will take a photo and send it to you. Maybe I should shoot to have them finished for the First of July and then I might actually have them done sometime this summer:)

    Yesterday, my appointment with the orthopaedic surgeon was interesting. He ordered a whole bunch of X-rays and I had them done right away. My follow-up appointment will be on July 15th and he says he will be able to give me some advice as to how to manage the pain in my back, neck and legs at that time.

    I have a friend, a lawyer from the Community Legal Clinic, coming to see my place tomorrow afternoon. She will give me some advice regarding my rights and what to do about them.

    I want to fix the bathroom since I haven't been able to have a shower since December 2006! But, won't do it if the landlord can kick me out for doing unauthorized work.

    Just another wrinkle--It has been raining and my ceiling is leaking above a dresser in my computer room, again.

    Bye for now, I gotta' get some sleep. Haven't been sleeping very well. There is some thought that I might have sleep apnea so I will be staying in the sleep center on July 7th after I get back from the states.

    I think I might havementioned in an earlier post that I am going to Springfiel. N.Y., with the vB's on June 29th?

    So glad your trip through Portugal was interesting and that you are going to Morocco and Gibralter too. Take a lot of photos, no matter how many you take, you will wish you had more:)

    Riley is at Swim Camp this week and Mckay is practising for the Canadian National Mountain Bike Races in Invermere, B.C., in July. Chris will take him via mountains in Oregon and Whistler and a few others.

    Love to both of you,
    Matuga

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Carolyn,
    I suppose everyone will notice that both of us spelled Gibraltar wrong:) We are close to--but still not perfect!
    Luv, Matuga

    ReplyDelete